The WomenConnect Challenge is open for applications, which can be submitted until the 4th of May 2018. We invite all eligible e-Agriculture CoP members to apply.
Those seeking to apply should take notice of the following timelines
- March 28th, 2018 at 12:00 pm ET: RFA Question Submissions due
- April 2, 2018 at 10:00 am ET: Join the WomenConnect Questions Webinar or download recording
- May 4th, 2018 at 12:00 pm ET: Applications due
This challenge comes amidst the discussion of the digital gender divide. It is accepted that technology is changing the world in a number of ways, for example facilitating access to critical health and education as well as providing access to life-enhancing information.
However, women still have limited access to technology, resulting in a digital gender divide.
What is the WomenConnect Challenge?
“The WomenConnect Challenge is a global call for solutions to improve women's participation in everyday life by meaningfully changing the ways women and girls access and use technology. We are looking to identify and accelerate comprehensive solutions that empower women and girls to access and use digital technology to drive positive health, education, and livelihoods outcomes for themselves and their families.” – USAid
The main themes are:-
- Women’s access to technology is not an end, but a means to help address development objectives.
- There is a need to build evidence for approaches that are working.
- The scope of the digital gender divide requires local solutions that take into account complex cultural and socioeconomic factors.
More information here