YPARD - Young Professionals' Platform for Agricultural Research for Development- is searching for an intern to manage and expand YPARD's information services on YPARD website, http://ypard.net on a global level.
- The intern is expected to update the information available on YPARD Global website, on job opportunities and featured ARD news for Young Professionals.
- He/she will take part in on-line activities through the website and social networks under the supervision of the YPARD Web and Communication officer.
- The candidate should have a background in agricultural related fields, natural resource management or similar fields.
- While ICT skills are not required, the candidate should demonstrate a good knowledge of on-line resources on Agricultural Research for Development Worldwide, and a keen interest in Information research and dissemination.
- The candidate is expected to show a strong curiosity, good written communication skills and an outstanding interest in contributing to information sharing for agriculture development.
- He/she should be a Young Professional, member of YPARD and active in ARD.
- He/she should be fluent in English. Knowledge in French and/or Spanish will be considered an asset.
What will the candidate gain from this internship?
- YPARD is eager to give a young professional the opportunity to upgrade his/her knowledge in ICTs. The intern will benefit from training in ICT and Information management. He/she would learn how to post information through a CMS and display information effectively.
- He/she will learn about on-line activities and social networks and be given a space to implement his/her own ideas, benefitting from YPARD professionals’ experience.
- Working with YPARD is also about getting a chance to increase one’s network within the ARD sector and expanding one’s knowledge in on-line resources and organizations in ARD.
Conditions of work
- The candidate will work remotely in close collaboration with the YPARD Web and Communications Officer. It is therefore compulsory he/she has a good internet access and connection from his/her own place, Skype installed with headphone, and knowledge in using it.
- The internship contract is for 8 hrs a week, for 6 months.
- This position is not remunerated.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a motivation letter to email@example.com with the: [internship application] in the subject line.
Deadline for application: 29th July 2011; Internship to start as soon as possible, from August 2011.
For additional information see the attached PDF